[darcs-users] how to get back deleted files in working copy?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Wed Jan 31 07:20:36 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 22:05:09 +0100, Peter Hercek wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I would like to know how to safely get back deleted files in my working
>copy (directory).
>
>Here is the idea:
>* I have modified files in my working copy which I want to keep as they
>  are.
>* I have some deleted files from working copy.
>* I would like to get the modified files added to the working copy.
>
>The missing files are in the (local) repository.
>The (local) repository and the remote repository have the same patches.
>
>... so I would need some kind of update, or reapplication of some of
>the patches in the (local) repository.
>
>Is the only option to revert only all the file deletions (by manually
>selecting hungs to revert)?
>
>Any better ideas?

What do you mean by "manually selecting things to revert"?  (I'm
assuming there's a spelling error in your email there ;-)

I would revert file deletions by reverting specific files:

 % darcs w -s
 R ./fileA
 M ./fileB +1
 % darcs revert -a fileA
 Reverting changes in "fileA"..

 Finished reverting.
 % darcs w -s
 M ./fileB +1

I don't think it can get less manual than that...

/M

magnus at therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning at gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus