[darcs-users] darcs remove command

Eric S Fraga e.fraga at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Jul 6 12:07:05 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 09:12:14AM +0100, Allan Clark wrote:
> Oh yes this is already in my ~/.bashrc, otherwise I wouldn't be able to
> run darcs when normally logged in (ie. when I am actually at work). The
> problem is that a non-interactive shell doesn't run ~/.bashrc (at least
> not on the setup here).

Allan,

are you sure about this?  many default .bashrc files have a premature
exit if not being executed from a non-interactive shell (to avoid the
effort of setting up aliases, say, when not needed). if that is the
case, you should be able to set the PATH variable _before_ the
premature exit.

for instance, in my .bashrc file, I have the following:

# ------------------------------------ start snippet -----------------
# before anything else, set all the environment variables just in case
. ~/.bash_env

# If not running interactively, don't do anything:
[ -z "$PS1" ] && return
#
# aliases etc follow

and I set all my environment variables, not just PATH, in a separate
.bash_env file (for convenience).

hope this helps!
--
  Eric S Fraga, Chemical Engineering, University College London
.ooo.ooo.ooo..o...o...o....oo..ooo.oo...o.....o.o....ooo.ooo.o...