[darcs-users] query manifest --directories default

Alan Bram alan.bram at oracle.com
Mon Jul 16 22:50:24 UTC 2007

> We have a command 'query manifest' which shows the files being managed
> by darcs.  By default, this command does *not* show any directories;
> however, this seems to surprise some users and we were thinking of
> changing the default.

Interesting.  I think "manifest" and "list of files being managed by
darcs" are slightly different concepts; thus the confusion.

For example, you're probably aware that Subversion has a "list"
command, which does include directories.

Names are more important than we sometimes realize.  Given that this
is called "manifest", my preference would be to leave this as it
stands, especially since the opposite behavior is available as an
option.

Cheers,
 - arb