[darcs-users] Corrupt Repository

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Thu Jul 19 20:28:22 UTC 2007

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, John Meacham wrote:

> Hi, I somehow corrupted the repository for my DrIFT tool, and can't seem
> to fix it. I was wondering if someone with more darcs-fu could take a
> look?

Somehow darcs decided you had 3 Makefile.in files in the repo (in 3
different directories). So in its sequence of patches, it had a patch to
add stuff to them assuming they were already there, followed by a patch
that to empty them out and delete them that you recorded when you noticed
them.

I've edited the raw patch files to remove all mention of them. If you grab
the two files named 200704*.gz from http://urchin.earth.li/~ganesh/temp,
drop them into _darcs/patches over the existing files there (obviously you
should take a backup of the repo first), then run darcs repair, you should
end up with a working repository, that hopefully has the contents you
want.

Cheers,

Ganesh