[darcs-users] duplicate patch ...

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Tue Jul 24 15:17:06 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 12:25:25AM +1000, Pietro Abate wrote:
> Now I've another small problem. For a while I worked on a corrupted
> repository with the duplicate patch problem and I recorded a number of
> patches. Now that I have a working repo I'd like to push/pull these
> patches to the consistent repo. But of course since the two repos are
> different (the duplicated patch !) darcs pull/push wants to pull/push
> everything.

If i understand correctly, only the previously duplicated patch
is different. You can make a copy of the corrupted repo,
obliterate the patches you want to push, and 'darcs send -o
file' to that copy to make a patch bundle. If there is a
breakpoint in the inventory between the new patches and the
duplicated patch, the duplicated patch will not be mentioned in
the context of the patch bundle, and it should therefore apply
cleanly to the new correct repo (if all of the new patches are
correct of course). If there is no breakpoint you get one by
simply running 'darcs optimize'. If there however is no suitable
tag to make a breakpoint at, things can get a little more
complicated.