[darcs-users] duplicate patch ...

Lele Gaifax lele at nautilus.homeip.net
Tue Jul 24 16:09:59 UTC 2007

At Wed, 25 Jul 2007 00:25:25 +1000,
Pietro Abate <Pietro.Abate at anu.edu.au> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 05:10:20PM +0200, Lele Gaifax wrote:
> > Now it takes into account also the kind of the first change, so that
> > "ADDs" come before "UPDs"... This seems to fix your tailorization.
> > I pushed two patches on the tailor repository.
> I just got back to this... success !! the repo is now consistent.
> many thanks lele !

Great!

> Now I've another small problem. For a while I worked on a corrupted
> repository with the duplicate patch problem and I recorded a number of
> patches. Now that I have a working repo I'd like to push/pull these
> patches to the consistent repo.

Uhm, I never tried, but tailor is probably able to help you there too
:) I can imagine something like

[fixup]
source = darcs:source
target = darcs:target
start-revision = "the-common-point-between-the-two"

[darcs:source]
repository = old-repo
subdir = br0ken

[darcs:target]
repository = new-repo
subdir = g00d

The idea is using different directories[*] so that you can migrate
between the same kind of repo. I assume above that "new-repo" contains
the new tailorized project, up to "the-common-point-between-the-two".
This will use rsync to copy just the sources, effectively allowing you
to have a "parallel" repository, possibly with a different history.

Lemme know, and eventually this could be a nice note to add to the
wiki :)

hth,
ciao, lele.

[*] http://progetti.arstecnica.it/tailor/wiki/DisjunctWorkingDirectories