[darcs-users] duplicate patch ...

Pietro Abate Pietro.Abate at anu.edu.au
Wed Jul 25 16:14:35 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 05:17:06PM +0200, Tommy Pettersson wrote:
> correct of course). If there is no breakpoint you get one by
> simply running 'darcs optimize'. If there however is no suitable
> tag to make a breakpoint at, things can get a little more
> complicated.
yep, no tags... in fact my patches are dependent by the entire history
(1944 patches sic! ) . I tried to play with darcs changes --context to
se if I'm able to send a patch with a fake context, but alas this is not
possible.

I've also tried with darcs diff, but since the repository is inconsitent
(and I can't repair it...) this fails as well...

Is there a way to just convert a patch in _darcs/patches to a plain diff
-u and a log file with the patch entry, so I can extract/convert these
patches and then apply them (either with darcs apply or patch -p0 ;
darcs record) in the new repository ? I don't expect this is implemented
in darcs it slef, by maybe somebody has already written a small script...

pp

--
++ Blog: http://blog.rsise.anu.edu.au/?q=pietro
++