[darcs-users] using posthook to generate HTML documentation

Max Battcher me at worldmaker.net
Mon Jun 11 14:29:03 UTC 2007

On 6/11/07, Nathan Gray <kolibrie at graystudios.org> wrote:
> What is the best practice for determining which files have been
> updated?  Can darcs tell me?  Can I look at the timestamp of patch
> files and then have darcs tell me the files affected by each patch?

``darcs changes`` should usually have the most recent patches at the
"top".  (It's not necessarily the case due to darcs' patch reordering,
but generally close enough.)  ``darcs changes -s`` (summary) will give
you the list of files affected by the patch.  You may want to use
``darcs changes -s --xml-output`` in your script rather than try to
RegEx the human summary.

You could try to check the patch timestamp...  I hadn't thought to try
that before so I'm not sure how well it works or if darcs guarantees
anything about the timestamps.  You can then take the file name, which
is also the patch's hash and pass that to ``darcs changes -s
--xml-output --matches="hash {filename}"``...  That should work.  I'm
surprised I didn't think of checking patch timestamps before, it
certainly might simplify a couple of my own posthooks...

--
--Max Battcher--
http://www.worldmaker.net/