[darcs-users] how to use darcs send

Aggelos Economopoulos aoiko at cc.ece.ntua.gr
Thu Mar 29 10:42:20 UTC 2007

On Thursday 29 March 2007 12:03, Eric S Fraga wrote:
[...]
> Without specifying the repository, it wants to talk to the repository I
> "pulled" from. If I specify the local copy, it tells me there is nothing to
> send.  I have tried all kinds of options (including --output=, --patches=,
> --interactive, --matches=, --repodir=., ...) but nothing changes the
> behaviour in either case.
>
> Am I misunderstanding something fundamental here?  I think I am because I
> cannot see how darcs would actually know which patches are "new"...

Right. The repository has to be accessible at "send" time so that darcs can
access its inventory and decide which patches to push. One way around this
would be to keep a local repo that is identical to the one you want to push
to, but then you have to remember to synchronise it when you get online,
which is precisely what you want to avoid. So I guess you'll need to run a
script at "link up" time instead.

HTH,
Aggelos