[darcs-users] how to use darcs send

Eric S Fraga e.fraga at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Mar 29 15:21:55 UTC 2007

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 09:06:36AM -0400, Max Battcher wrote:
> To do a darcs send offline without access to the other repository
> you'll need a context file.  You just need to remember to generate one
> before you go offline.  Here's a FAQ on how this works:
>
> http://darcs.net/DarcsWiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#head-6518424ab7ac0729e9c09d365886d22da9f5f0f4

Ah ha!  Thanks for this. I _thought_ I had RTFM but missed this entry. Sigh.

In any case, that's exactly what I need/want. Synchronisation is not an
issue as I use a script when I go offline that essentially does a 'darcs
pull -a' from the main repository. I have simply added a 'darcs changes
--context > context' command to the script.

Again, thanks all those that responded to my query so quickly. It all adds
to the enjoyment in using this tool.

eric
--
 Eric S. Fraga, Department of Chemical Engineering, UCL, London