[darcs-users] compiling darcs with ghc-6.6.1 fails

Andrei A. Voropaev av at simcon-mt.com
Thu May 3 07:28:36 UTC 2007

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 07:58:23PM +0200, Eric Y. Kow wrote:
> > I've tried to compile darcs-1.8 with ghc-6.6.1 but it fails with the
> > error
> >
> > Lcs.lhs:433:8 Not in scope: type constructor or class 'HasBounds'
>
> Sadly, darcs 1.0.8 does not compile with the ghc > 6.4.  Would you be
> willing to try the 1.0.9 candidate release?  It should compile.
>
> http://www.darcs.net/darcs-1.0.9rc2.tar.gz

Hm, first I've tried to compile it with 6.4 and it also failed, but with
some other error. Then I've remembered one time it was recommended to
use newer version of ghc, so I got the latest one. It also does not
work. So I guess the "right" version of ghc is somewhere between 6.4
and 6.6.1 :) Hm. Looks like I won't look into using ghc for my programs
:)