[darcs-users] applying changes via patch files?

Lev Lvovsky lists2 at sonous.com
Thu May 10 18:41:36 UTC 2007

this is a newbie question:

My co-worker recently turned me onto editting diff files via emacs
(I'm a vim user), wherein you can delete/add/split hunks and emacs'll
do the patch math for you.  His prescription for applying the patch
subsequently involves checking out the repository to another
directory, applying the patch to the file, and then recording - is
there any way to record without this laster intermediate step?
Meaning, is there a way to just feed darcs a patch file?

Also, if any vim users out there have suggestions on how I can
recreate this emacs behavior (specifically being able to split/delete
hunks), PLEASE let me know - this is a REALLY useful feature for vim
darcs users....

thanks!
-lev