[darcs-users] Single developer using multiple workstations

Eric S Fraga e.fraga at ucl.ac.uk
Wed May 16 09:19:26 UTC 2007

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 11:02:08PM -0400, Michael Conrad wrote:
> On 5/14/07, Sean <schliden at gmail.com> wrote:
> > How about Unison and a usb drive.
> >

> On Mon, 14 May 2007 11:49:47, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> > However, there are potential problems with having a darcs repository
> > under unison control as well
>
> Maybe I'm missing something here.... but why not just push/pull to/from the
> USB drive?  If you were going to use darcs to push to a remote server and
> the effort was made difficult by firewalls, just pretend the usb drive's
> path is the server.  problem solved.

I wasn't commenting on using a USB drive but was simply referring to
the use of Unison in combination with darcs, a combination that can
lead to problems.

You could, of course, push/pull to a repository on a usb disk.  I
don't but that's because I don't find that as convenient (my usb disks
always seem to be elsewhere when I need them ;-).  send/apply works
very well for me to support my off-line use of darcs.

--
  Eric S Fraga, Chemical Engineering, University College London
.ooo.ooo.ooo..o...o...o....oo..ooo.oo...o.....o.o....ooo.ooo.o...