[darcs-users] Post-hook freeze under darcs-unstable mingw compile

Kurt Granroth darcs-users at granroth.org
Sun May 27 00:41:18 UTC 2007

I compiled darcs-unstable via mingw on Friday.  I did a fresh 'darcs
pull' to get the latest and greatest darcs.  My goal was to get both the
complement code and the pre-hook code.

To start, though, I needed the post-hook to work.  Specifically, I
wanted to do this:

darc get --posthook=unix2dos --run-posthook user at repo

The "get" part of it worked great but as soon as it got to the
'unix2dos' part, it completely froze up.

Some things to note:
1. 'unix2dos' is the stand-alone version that ships with mingw/msys
2. There is exactly ONE file in that repo
3. Running 'unix2dos' on the file manually is nearly instantaneous
4. Neither the 'darcs' nor 'unix2dos' process takes up any CPU when they
are frozen.  In fact, killing 'darcs' with Ctrl-C will stop 'darcs'
itself but 'unix2dos' keeps on living... just doing nothing

So my questions:

1. Is this a known problem?  If so, what's the workaround?
2. If not, am I doing something obviously dumb here that I'm just not
seeing?

Any help is appreciated!

Kurt