[darcs-users] Post-hook freeze under darcs-unstable mingw compile

Kurt Granroth darcs-users at granroth.org
Sun May 27 01:44:23 UTC 2007

Jason Dagit wrote:
> On 5/26/07, Kurt Granroth <darcs-users at granroth.org> wrote:
>> I compiled darcs-unstable via mingw on Friday.  I did a fresh 'darcs
>> pull' to get the latest and greatest darcs.  My goal was to get both the
>> complement code and the pre-hook code.
>>
>> To start, though, I needed the post-hook to work.  Specifically, I
>> wanted to do this:
>>
>> darc get --posthook=unix2dos --run-posthook user at repo
>
> Just a wild guess here.  Does unix2dos read from stdin when it's not
> given a file name to operate on?
>
> Maybe you need something like --posthook="unix2dos *" ?

Ah.. that's a good point.  I was (perhaps naively) assuming that the
posthook command was run on every file in the repository.  Your
description makes it sound like these two sequences are identical:

Sequence 1:
$ darcs get --posthook=unix2dos --run-posthook user at repo

Sequence 2:
$ darcs get user at repo
$ unix2dos

If the latter is the case, then I likely need to use something like:

find . \! \( -path ./_darcs -prune \) -print0 | xargs -0 unix2dos

Er.. but that would assume that the posthook was started *inside* of the
repo directory.  Is the posthook command given any parameters?  Like say
the name of the repo working directory?

Kurt