[darcs-users] finding the patch where a line was removed

Nathan Gray kolibrie at graystudios.org
Wed Nov 28 15:39:41 UTC 2007

In order to find the patch where a line is added, one can easily

  darcs annotate FILENAME

and find the name of the patch tied to the line in question.

To find the patch where a line is removed, 'darcs annotate' is not
quite as helpful, because the line is no longer printed out.

I would like to be able to do something like:

  darcs changes --matches "content 'PARTIAL CONTENT OF LINE'"

or perhaps instead of 'content' the keywords could be 'add' and
'remove'.

Currently it appears that --matches only accepts these types
(according to the darcs manual):

  exact
  name
  hash
  author
  date

So for today, I will probably have to 'darcs annotate' each patch
that affects the file and look for the line I am interested in.

Anyone know of an easier way?

How should this functionality best be implemented?

-kolibrie