[darcs-users] darcs over nfs

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Tue Oct 9 11:55:00 UTC 2007

John Meacham wrote:
> Hi, I am attempting to get darcs used in a production environment at
> work. We currently have a nfs filesystem that is shared among all the
> development machines, would it be advisable to just access the main
> darcs repo over the nfs filesystem? are there any issues with multiple
> machines accessing the same repo this way, either in theory or practice?

We use darcs over NFS all the time here.  Our filesystems are exported by a
  mixture of NFSv2 and NFSv3 served by a fairly recent Linux (and in the
past, older versions of Linux also worked).  We get the occasional borked
repository, but it's hard to tell whether that's darcs or NFS or user error.

Cheers,
	Simon