[darcs-users] unique features + exponential time issue

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Tue Oct 16 13:43:35 UTC 2007

Hilary Oliver <h.oliver at niwa.co.nz> writes:
> As for unique positive features, which I presume are mostly consequences
> of darcs' underlying patch theory, these should be explicitly
> highlighted because they are the features we are not going to find in
> any other revision control system that might tempt us away from darcs.

Well, i would like to highlight that something darcs has over all the
other systems is David Roundy : - ). Other than that, its
cherrypicking abilities and determinism are unmatched and i believe
that so is user comfort in most situations. Also, it is mostly
forgiving about mistakes, as long as you do not push to a public
repository. At that point, things are more complicated.

Yours, Peter.