[darcs-users] unique features + exponential time issue

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Thu Oct 18 23:18:05 UTC 2007

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 12:39:19AM +0300, Pekka Pessi wrote:
> 2007/10/18, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen at xemacs.org>:
> > "Just keep feeding" is not concrete enough to be simple.
>
> Here is a nice shell script doing conflicting changes in two repos, R2

Thanks Pekka! This is exactly what I mean. R1 keeps developing
(feeding) but R2 tries to keep a local modification that's in
conflict. R2 has to "resolve" again and again to preserve the
modification, but each new resolve patch will only cause one
more duplication in complexity of the next (still) conflicting
development patch from R1.