[darcs-users] unique features + exponential time issue

Adam Megacz megacz at cs.berkeley.edu
Sun Oct 21 16:35:29 UTC 2007

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen at xemacs.org> writes:
> Sure, they should be warned.  I agree there are some technical
> showstoppers for certain classes of potential users, generally a
> smallish fraction of users.  Evidently your use cases suffer from
> several of them.

No, unfortunately, it's not a small fraction.  I've hit this problem
on several projects, and because I'm honest about my past experiences
I've been pretty much unable to convince any project I work on to use
darcs.

Perhaps what you mean is that a small fraction of darcs operations
trigger this behavior.  That may be true, but most users will
encounter the behavior at least once, which is too often.

  - a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380