[darcs-users] darcs 2 stability, and darcs development future

Alex Lance alla at cyber.com.au
Tue Apr 8 07:30:36 UTC 2008

Hi there,

I use darcs everyday. It is outstanding. I was just thinking about
updating to darcs 2, and was wondering if anyone had any good/bad things to
say about upgrading?

Also could someone give me an idea of the level of development
activity? I.e. are there lots of developers actively working on darcs? It
doesn't sound as if there are. This perception seems to be preventing my
workplace from committing to darcs as the main VCS. Just FYI.

BTW I stumbled upon this:
http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-devel/2008-April/007778.html

And (to my eye) it paints a very bleak picture for the future of the
project. Is the future for darcs bleak? :)

Cheers,
Alex