[darcs-users] Merging darcs-devel and darcs-users into a single mailing list

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Wed Apr 23 20:04:19 UTC 2008

On Apr 23, 2008, at 2:29 AM, Eric Kow wrote:

> I'm more against than for.  Maybe one way to get the same effect is to
> use the darcs-devel list for tracker messages, patches and the such
> (messages like 'pushed, thanks!).  Any discussions should be held on
> darcs-users.  For example, if a patch sparks a discussion, it should
> be held or cc'd on darcs-users.

One way to do this would be to have a mailing list that automated
messages get sent to, including issue tracker messages, and the
"Reply-To" on that list is set to the darcs discussion list.  So
humans never post to the automated list, but humans can subscribe to
that list if they want to receive such traffic, and if they reply
then the discussion moves onto the human discussion list.

Regards,

Zooko