[darcs-users] darcs patch: fpstring.c: switch a memchr for memrchr (and 2 more)

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Mon Apr 28 21:46:48 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 2:05 PM, <gwern0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Fri Apr 25 16:01:53 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
>  * fpstring.c: switch a memchr for memrchr
>  See <http://bugs.darcs.net/issue814>; memrchr speeds up is_funky quite a
> bit and thus helps whatsnew -s. It doesn't seem to break (any more) tests.

Now that we're looking at less of the data does memrchr really provide a
speed up?  I'm also concerned about what Don Stewart said about the
portability of memrchr.  I don't see a portability fix included in your
patch bundle.  So, my recommendation would be to wait on the memrchr
addition.

The rest looks good.

Jason