[darcs-users] HPC results for Darcs

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Mon Apr 28 23:37:24 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 4:24 PM, Christopher Lane Hinson <
lane at downstairspeople.org> wrote:

> At lispy's request, I was able to run hpc against darcs.  The coverage
> data is here:

Thank you so much.  And I also want to thank Andy Gill for putting a lot of
hard work into HPC.

> http://www.downstairspeople.org/darcs-hpc/hpc_index.html

Zooko, is this something that could be included into buildbots that are
running a sufficiently recent GHC?

The reason to include HPC results with each build is because different
configurations could cause different parts of the code base to get included
(or not) in the executable.

> Also:
>
> http://www.downstairspeople.org/darcs-hpc.tar.gz
>
> It's based on 'make test' I've been told there are even more tests.
>
> It's not perfect, Convert and Main are missing among other things.  I'll
> be working on a patch so we can do this regularly.  Note that you want ghc
> 6.8.3 to do this, without HPCTIXDIR it breaks tests.

Lane, once you have this working well enough that the rest of us can use it,
we should do a profiled run of hpc as it calculates the coverage data and
send it to Andy.  You said it was pretty slow on your machine -- which is
understandable -- but maybe it could also be performance tuned in some easy
places.

Thanks again, this is a happy day!
Jason