[darcs-users] Windows version of darcs wont 'get'

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Wed Apr 30 15:02:36 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 9:36 PM, Jon Hart <jon at mmmpie.com> wrote:

> >> But when I try to grab my own repo through a website I get an error
> >> about the inventory directory being missing.
> >> My repo doesnt have an inventory directory, it does have an
> >> 'inventories' directory though.
> >> What am I doing wrong here?
> >> My repo is hosted at
> >> http://darcs.mmmpie.com/hb
> >
> > It seams to be a fire wall problem. The host darcs.mmpie.com
> > doesn't respond to www connections (port 80).
>

> Laptops just aren't meant to be servers. Not so much a firewall, just
> asleep.
>
> I investigated the problem I had with the repo, and I have replicated
> the contents
> of the _darcs directory. The source of the problem is my use of a
> darcs-2 repo.
>
> What command should I use to get a copy of a darcs-2 repo?
> darcs get http://some-darcs-2.repo doesnt work, do I need to pass some
> sort of
> argument to make it try to parse the darcs-2 format? This just works
> when the repo
> is local ( file system ).

[snip]

>        - darcs get doesnt work with darcs-2 repos, cant find any docs on
> using this
>                with darcs-2 repos

Jon,

This really should work for you and not require any special effort (as
others have mentioned), but I have noticed that sometimes the pull error
messages are not so good.  I bet the same thing happens with get.  I'll try
it real quick:

$ darcs get http://blah

darcs failed:  Not a repository: http://blah (failed to fetch:
http://blah/_darcs/inventory ExitFailure 1)

Yes,  it would seem that a bug I reported just yesterday about the error
message of pull is happening with get.  You can find the wishlist item here:
http://bugs.darcs.net/issue822

Does it sound like your problem?

Thanks,
Jason