[darcs-users] poll: how can we help you contribute to darcs?

allan a.d.clark at ed.ac.uk
Fri Aug 1 15:57:32 UTC 2008

I would contribute to darcs if only

It didn't already do exactly what I want it to.

As you've said darcs is really good for small-to-medium sized projects, particularly with few developers.
Those are exactly the projects I happen to be working on. For my work I use darcs on a slightly larger project but with (mainly) only one developer (me). So basically because darcs works perfectly for me I have pretty little motivation to dive into the source code and 'fix' something which for me simply isn't broken.

regards
allan

Eric Kow wrote:
> Dear Haskellers,
>
> I would like to take an informal poll for the purposes of darcs
> recruitment.  Could you please complete this sentence for me?
>
>    "I would contribute to darcs if only..."
>
> The answers I am most interested in hearing go beyond "... I had more
> time".  For instance, if you are contributing to other Haskell/volunteer
> projects, why are you contributing more to them, rather than darcs?

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.