[darcs-users] [Haskell-cafe] poll: how can we help you contribute to darcs?

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 15:31:36 UTC 2008

Hello zooko,

> By the way, one of the things that intrigues me is that the best open
> source compression tool out there is written in Haskell:

> https://haskell.org/bz

> There might be some interesting advantages that a revision control
> tool could gain with the use of a good compression tool like that...

1. it is most efficient around all programs around, either open-source
or commercial: http://www.maximumcompression.com/data/summary_mf2.php#data

2. compression libs used in freearc all written in C++. the only good
thing is that i provide Haskell interface to these libs:
http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library/Compression

it really may be good idea to use, say, grzip instead of bzip2 to
compress patch files, but i don't think this is highly important. at
least interface is simple

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com