[darcs-users] increasing participation: patch notifications

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Tue Aug 5 21:00:00 UTC 2008

There seems to be quite a delay between sending a patch and seeing it
appear in the darcs-user list. I am reading it via gmane.

Is there some human action involved ? What could we do to speed this up
? It is one of those little things that will increase the instant
gratification factor that encourages contributors.

On a related note, a bot in #darcs that announces patch/bug activity
would also help. I've been looking for one that works with darcs repos
for a while. The only working solution I found was ciabot, does anyone
know of another ? I know there is one good tool for watching a repo and
sending email notifications (name escapes me), I guess that could be
adapted.