[darcs-users] profiling darcs (issue973)

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 21:42:31 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 22:34:31 +0100, Ashley Moran wrote:
> * darcs get the hashed repo from disk image to CIS [success]
> * darcs get the darcs-1 repo from disk image to hashed format on CIS
> [success]
> * darcs get the darcs-2 repo from disk image to hashed format on CIS
> [success]

What a relief!

I guess the darcs check failing only means that darcs check does not (as
I thought it might) just recreate the pristine directory.  I guess it
tries to make a new working-dirish thing.  Sounds like something that
would be easy to fix.

> Is the above enough to go on?

Well, we still need a way for Windows users to play with the old format
repository.  I suppose, they could just copy the repository directly
from darcs.haskell.org with creative use of wget.

Could somebody on Windows please run these performance tests?

Performance seems comparable on all formats on Linux and MacOS X.  Why
do MSR experience a performance hit on Windows?

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9