[darcs-users] testing new darcsweb, patch bot

Alberto Bertogli albertito at blitiri.com.ar
Thu Aug 7 00:35:29 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 11:08:15AM -0700, Simon Michael wrote:
> May I bug you with some further questions ?

Sure =)

> Would you have any idea why
> http://joyful.com/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi?r=darcs;a=filehistory;f=/GNUmakefile
> is so short ? Maybe something to do with searchlimit ? I seem to have
> that set to 500.

No, searchlimit is only used for searching. File history is limited
(hardcoded) to look only in the last 50 commits, that's why you are only
seeing those changes.

If you look at the code, you can see that print_shortlog() takes a
"last" parameter that is 50 by default. do_filehistory() calls
print_shortlog() without specifying that parameter, so 50 is used.

That probably should be changed to use searchlimit, or something
similar. I'll do it, unless somebody has any objections.

> And why is
> http://joyful.com/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi?r=darcs;a=commitdiff;h=20080501105606-72aca-4b9b8801c054e87bb8aa88d418bcb366b61c603a.gz
> blank ?

That is reeeeally weird. See that "Copying pristine 283/426 :
rollback-nothing.sh" on top of the commit message? I have no clue what
that is. It just appeared when getting a repo, maybe this has something
to do with the lazy get?

Can you try running:

	darcs diff -u --match "hash 20080501105606-72aca-4b9b8801c054e87bb8aa88d418bcb366b61c603a.gz"

and show me the output?

I'm trying to clone a darcs repo so I can take a look at this myself,
but at this rate it will take a looong time.

> Neither shows an error in the apache error log.

That's normal, darcsweb is usually very tidy.

Thanks,
		Alberto