[darcs-users] darcs patch: rename GNUmakefile to Makefile.

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Thu Aug 7 20:38:27 UTC 2008

Oops, reply to all.

> What does this change in the end ? You typically will have to
> type make, won't you ?

Yes. Here's what it changes: many current and we hope, future
developers who frequently need to jump to that file - which we think
of as the make file - will be able to just type Mak <tab> like and not
have to constantly be distracted by remembering to type GNUm <tab> and
figure out how that is capitalized. Seems like a small thing, but it's
a cost which every darcs hacker must constantly pay.