[darcs-users] staging commit ?

Xavier Maillard xma at gnu.org
Fri Aug 8 06:23:09 UTC 2008

Hi,

In git, I am used to do 'git add -i' to "stage" changes I want to
commit. I do not see this feature in darcs. I know that darcs
record ask for which patch(es) to record but I find it overkill
when so many (independant) patches are "flying in the air". I
know the rule is to commit often but sometimes I do not and thus
many patches are waiting in the queue. It would be great if I
could do what 'git add [-i] <file>' does and thus not be offered
to select patches on darcs record.

Is there any solution for this, given the fact that 'darcs
record' has sometimes a weird behaviour (such as not recording
anything whereas I asked it to do it).

Thank you
--
Xavier Maillard