[darcs-users] [darcs-devel] [issue979] 2.0.2 configure on FreeBSD fails with "Couldnt figure out how to call GHC.Handle.openFd"

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Fri Aug 8 08:30:32 UTC 2008

On 7 Aug 2008, at 14:00, Mark Stosberg wrote:

> New submission from Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>:
>
> I tried to build the FreeBSD port of 2.0.2 on FreeBSD 6.2 today, it
> eventually
> failed as given below. The same symptom appeared once before on
> Linux, and the
> following thread documents patches available to address in the
> Debian bug
> tracker.  I'm not sure of the current state of things.

Hi Mark

This is what stopped me getting darcs 2 on FreeBSD before.  But I just
tried it with GHC 6.8.3 on my FreeBSD 7 VM and it compiles fine (at
last!!!).  Presumably it was a bug in the FreeBSD port of GHC 6.8.2.

The port has already been updated too[1].

Ashley

[1] http://www.freshports.org/devel/darcs/

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/