[darcs-users] staging commit ?

Nicolas Pouillard nicolas.pouillard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 09:47:28 UTC 2008

Excerpts from Xavier Maillard's message of Fri Aug 08 08:23:09 +0200 2008:
> Hi,
>
> In git, I am used to do 'git add -i' to "stage" changes I want to
> commit. I do not see this feature in darcs. I know that darcs
> record ask for which patch(es) to record but I find it overkill
> when so many (independant) patches are "flying in the air". I
> know the rule is to commit often but sometimes I do not and thus
> many patches are waiting in the queue. It would be great if I
> could do what 'git add [-i] <file>' does and thus not be offered
> to select patches on darcs record.
>
> Is there any solution for this, given the fact that 'darcs
> record' has sometimes a weird behaviour (such as not recording
> anything whereas I asked it to do it).

By using 'darcs record' or 'darcs record <file>' to initialise a
bunch of staged changes, and then 'darcs amend-record' or
'darcs amend-record <file>' to extend it. This provides the same
feature and I use it regularly.

--
Nicolas Pouillard aka Ertai