[darcs-users] increasing participation: patch notifications

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Sat Aug 9 18:06:43 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 5:47 PM, Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 5:30 PM, Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Simon Michael <simon at joyful.com> writes:
>>
>> > Ideally the moderation would pass through any darcs patch without
>> > delay.
>>
>> IOW, "don't hold for moderator approval if the message contains a MIME
>> attachment of type thingy/darcs-bundle".  That sounds like a good idea.
>>

> Perhaps.  If no one objects I'll try to figure out how to make this change,
> but it will wait until I get some spare cycles to learn more about mailman.
> Changing global settings I don't understand fully makes me somewhat nervous.

I've looked and this doesn't seem to be possible with mailman.  There is
content filtering, but all the options of what to do involve holding the
message somewhere.  So, the bottom line is this:

If you want to see your patches arrive on the mailing list in a *timely
manner*, subscribe to the list!

Otherwise, you're at the mercy of when I moderate the list.  Typically
weekdays in the morning, PDT timezone.

Jason