[darcs-users] darcs patch: Add --debug-http flag to enable curl and... (and 3 more)

Dmitry Kurochkin dmitry.kurochkin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 22:33:37 UTC 2008

Hi David.

Here are few patches. The first should be good and I have sent you before. But
there was no reply.

The last one is my effort to rework URL module to support multi threading. Actual
download is done in a separate thread. And result is reported through MVar's. I
would like to get comments on the idea in general and the implementation. Patch
was done on top of my previous "not so good" patches. I am not sure what is the
best way to fix this. Any advices?

Also, "make unit" fails to compile src/Darcs/Patch/Test.lhs:

src/Darcs/Patch/Test.lhs:195:49:
    No instance for (Arbitrary Char)
      arising from a use of `unempty'
                   at src/Darcs/Patch/Test.lhs:195:49-55
    Possible fix: add an instance declaration for (Arbitrary Char)
    In the fifth argument of `liftM4', namely `unempty'
    In the expression: liftM4 patchinfo unempty unempty unempty unempty
    In the definition of `arbpi':
        arbpi = liftM4 patchinfo unempty unempty unempty unempty

So I can not run unit tests. But "make test" passes all tests.

Regards,
  Dmitry

Sat Aug  9 19:48:34 MSD 2008  Dmitry Kurochkin <dmitry.kurochkin at gmail.com>
  * Add --debug-http flag to enable curl and libwww debug at run-time instead of compile-time.

Sun Aug 10 02:17:55 MSD 2008  Dmitry Kurochkin <dmitry.kurochkin at gmail.com>
  * Handle error case with empty URL in URL.waitNextUrl function.

Sun Aug 10 13:28:10 MSD 2008  Dmitry Kurochkin <dmitry.kurochkin at gmail.com>
  * Add thread synchronization to URL module and resume select() if interrupted by signal in curl module.

Tue Aug 12 02:12:09 MSD 2008  Dmitry Kurochkin <dmitry.kurochkin at gmail.com>
  * Rework URL module for multi threading.