[darcs-users] darcs patch: Fixed typo (and 1 more)

Peter B. West lists at pbw.id.au
Tue Aug 12 08:11:30 UTC 2008

Simon Michael wrote:
>> + "Beware that you should not use this command if you are going to\n"++
>> + "re-record the changes in any way and there is a possibility that\n"++
>> + "another user may have already pulled the patch.\n"
>
> I'm not completely a fan of the above, it scares me and doesn't explain
> why. How is this:
>
> "You should not unrecord, amend or re-record patches which have already
> propagated to other repositories, as these changes are local only. (To
> change recorded patches in a way that propagates, record an additional
> patch or use darcs rollback.)"

Even this change takes a bit of parsing. The phrase "as these changes
are local only" seems, on first reading, to apply to "patches which have
already been propagated to other repositories".

However, I don' know enough about the issues to suggest a better
wording. The more I think about it, the more uncertain I become.
--
Peter B. West <http://cv.pbw.id.au/>
Folio <http://defoe.sourceforge.net/folio/>