[darcs-users] problems in test_network on some buildslaves

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Tue Aug 12 22:20:52 UTC 2008

Folks:

I noticed that several buildslaves were hanging during the network
test.  They were the two solaris machines and the openbsd machine.
One of them is mine, so I tried upgrading libcurl to see if that
changed the behavior of the hanging during the network test.  It
did!  Now it no longer hangs during the network test.  Instead it
immediately fails:

-------
Running get.sh ...                               FAILED!
Output from failed get.sh:

test "$DARCS" || DARCS="$PWD"/../darcs

rm -rf temp temp2 temp3

#"$DARCS" get http://darcs.net temp

"$DARCS" get --lazy http://darcs.net temp2
Finished getting.

"$DARCS" get --lazy --tag . http://darcs.net temp3
darcs: Couldn't find a tag matching "tag-name ."
-------

See [1] for full output of the test run.  When I run it manually in
an ssh session I get a different failure, though: [2].

See also my blog [3] for comments about darcs and much else.

Regards,

Zooko

[1] http://buildbot.darcs.net/builders/zooko%20nooxie%20Solaris-5.11%
20nexenta-20070704%20x86_64/builds/34/steps/test_configure/logs/stdio
[2] https://zooko.com/zooko.make_test_network.log.txt
[3] http://tahoebs1.allmydata.com:8123/uri/URI:DIR2-
RO:hgvn7nhforxhfxbx3nbej53qoi:yhbnnuxl4o2hr4sxuocoi735t6lcosdin72axkrcbo
ulfslwbfwq/wiki.html