[darcs-users] Any darcs 2 incompatibilities when using the old fashioned repo format?

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Wed Aug 13 20:21:09 UTC 2008

I would really like to start using a darcs 2.0.2 binary with a repo that still
must support (at least for now) a darcs 1.0.6 client.

I have already used it some and have seen no problems.

I would just like some confirmation: Is there anything I could do with a Darcs
2.0.2 binary that would modify a old-fashioned repo format in such a way that a
1.0.6 binary would be confused with talking to it (mostly pulling from it) ?

I just want to avoid getting "stuck" by finding that we've somehow created a
patch which can't be pulled.

And is there is any minimum version of darcs 1 compatibility for using the
"hashed" repo format? We may convert to 'hashed' if the darcs 1 binary/ darcs 1
repo could could still and push from it.

These docs don't mention a minimum version:
http://www.darcs.net/manual/node7.html#SECTION00730000000000000000

    Mark