[darcs-users] Move src/Darcs/Patch/Ordered.lhs out to src/Ordered.lhs ?

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Thu Aug 14 06:59:22 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Nathaniel W Filardo <nwf at cs.jhu.edu> wrote:

> Since src/Darcs/Patch/Ordered.lhs is not, strictly speaking, part of the
> patch theory of Darcs, should it be moved out to src/ proper?  Should it
> possibly considered for pushing "upstream" into an external library as it
> may be useful outside of Darcs proper?

I'd prefer the last option eventually, but I doubt it would be useful to
anyone outside of darcs.  I would say it needs be with the Sealed module
since they really feed off each other and neither are strictly part of the
patch theory.

The reason Ordered is in there with the Patch stuff is that the only use we
have for those data types is to store patch sequences.  It grew up somewhat
organically there, but that doesn't mean it should stay.

In summary, I support moving this to be at the same level as Sealed, but I
don't think there is a rush to move it to an external library (it's also
still in flux at the moment).

Thanks for spoting that.

Jason