[darcs-users] Any darcs 2 incompatibilities when using the old fashioned repo format?

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Thu Aug 14 14:11:53 UTC 2008

> Mark Stosberg wrote:
> > Although, once I spell it out like that, I see that the darcs 1 binary is never
> > talking to the hashed repo, so I might as well use the 'darcs-2' format with
> > the darcs 2 binary??
>
> No, because you can't push/pull between darcs-2 format and
> darcs-1/hashed formats.  Hashed format is backwards compatible, darcs-2
> format is not.

Thanks for the response, Max. Perhaps I wasn't clear: The darcs-2 repo would be
automatically mirrored to an old-fashioned repo, which the darcs 1 binary would
pull from.

Unless I can't generate some kind of strange conflict situation that won't flow
properly from the darcs-2 format to the old-fashioned format (using a darcs 2
binary), I think this should work.

The compatibilty chart on your blog post was helpful.

    Mark