[darcs-users] bug tracker cleanup

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Thu Aug 14 18:04:02 UTC 2008

> That just corresponds to unsubscribing from darcs-devel, right? It's
> not such a bad idea, I suppose.  Although it does raise the question
> as to what the new function of darcs-devel is.  Maybe we should just
> scrap the list, if you can get roundup working properly.

Hope you don't mind if I reply on-list again, this may be useful to
others. I subscribe to both lists so that my posts appear there
quickly, set no delivery in my mailman options, and read them only in
thunderbird via gmane. This keeps my mailbox free for higher priority
stuff, and I look at the darcs newsgroups only when I wish. Also the
threading is better and old messages are always available.

I'm unclear on the best use for darcs-devel - one thing I wouldn't do
is dismantle it completely, it will be useful for *something* now or
in future. Currently I see darcs-users as the hub of darcs discussion,
and darcs-devel as the spare room, for noisy/lower-priority/non-
general-interest stuff.