[darcs-users] darcs2 much slower than darcs1 on big repo

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Thu Aug 14 18:49:50 UTC 2008

Alan Bram <alan.bram at oracle.com> writes:
> Hmm, that may well be it.  I'm using the darcs2 that is packaged with
> Debian Lenny.

Yes, you are affected, unfortunately. I have spent non-trivial amount of time
trying to beat the autoconf and Workaround code to generate fixed FFI for
getSymbolicLinkStatus, but to no avail. We are at mercy of ghc6 in Lenny
getting a fix (the patch is fairly trivial, but it might have ABI consequences
-- Ian would know more).

Yours,
   Petr.