[darcs-users] [darcs-devel] [issue1017] whatsnew stack overflow

Max Battcher me at worldmaker.net
Mon Aug 18 18:27:49 UTC 2008

Jason Dagit wrote:
> New submission from Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>:
>
> This was reported in IRC and I don't have a test case, but creating one should
> be simple:
>
> 00:33 <bringert> darcs 2.0.2 overflows the stack when running 'darcs what' in a
>                  repo where a small file has been replaced by a 3M text file
>                  containing no newlines
> 00:34 <twb> bringert: did you build with GHC 6.8.3 or .2?
> 00:34 <bringert> 6.8.2
> 00:34 <twb> There are known issues with 6.8.2
> 00:36 ~~~ bringert upgrades ghc
> <snip>
> 02:47 <bringert> darcs 2.0.2 compiled with GHC 6.8.3 has the same stack
>                  overflow problem

Er... am I the only person wondering why a person would need to store
3MBs of text with no newlines in a line-oriented source control environment?

I certainly would be happy if tracking this down leads to performance
enhancements elsewhere, but this seems even less useful than improving,
among other things, the binary hunk format...

--
--Max Battcher--
http://www.worldmaker.net/