[darcs-users] darcs patch: major refactor of SelectChanges to work ... (and 7 more)

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Mon Aug 18 18:33:38 UTC 2008

David et al,

This patch bundle should not be applied (see patch description of the last
patch for why).

Sending this to the list has two purposes, 1) David can begin reviewing
if he chooses too, 2) in case my compute dies I know have a backup.

Also, David, sorry for overwhelming you with changes.  There really is
a lot here and your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

Tue Aug 12 20:16:25 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * major refactor of SelectChanges to work with type witnesses

Tue Aug 12 21:43:54 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * make WhatsNew work with type witnesses

Tue Aug 12 22:04:25 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * refine type witnesses in SelectChanges

Tue Aug 12 22:38:37 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * partial type witnesses in Unrevert

Fri Aug 15 13:11:25 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * correct a bug in with_selected_patches_from_repository
  Fixing this bug allows w_s_p_f_r to have the expected type signature
  and also corrects a problem where the non-selected patches were returned
  in the wrong context.

Fri Aug 15 15:26:35 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * replace separate_middle_last_from_first and separate_last_from_first_middle with get_choices

Sat Aug 16 14:46:47 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * minor refator to get_extra improve comments

Mon Aug 18 11:28:28 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * Warning: Do not apply this patch.
  This patch is scheduled for a local amend-record.  I'm sending it to
  document and backup the work I've done over the last week with regard to
  type witnesses.  The entire code base compiles modulo warning when using
  type witnesses.  Although, the refactor is not 100% complete.  All tricky
  places that type witnesses are used but not correct are marked with the
  macro UNDEFINED() which outputs 'undefined' when compiling with typewinesses.
  This is just a cheap hack that lets me fix all the mundane issues while
  marking the more significant problems.  This also results in some unused
  variables and imports so requires that you modify the make file to remove
  -Werror if you actually want it to compile.