[darcs-users] darcs patch: refactor: Add Darcs.Repository.createInventory (from d...

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 07:11:32 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 06:39:35 -0700, David Roundy wrote:
> If we're going to do this refactor, we should do it right, which means
> not creating createInventory, but rather createRepository.

Sounds like it may be worth doing just so we can be consistent about
abstracting over Darcs.Repository.FooRepo.  It means we'll have a
trivial init function :-)

Anyway, after having this in my box of things to try, I'll just have to
admit I'm not going to get around to this.  Takers?

Something I would like to see also is a way of paring DarcsFlag down,
so that, for example, the Darcs.Repository stuff only takes a limited
set of flags... which means not having to worry quite as much about
what unpredictable things can happen with a flag.  I don't know how
realistic this is, or how useful it would be in practice, though.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9