[darcs-users] darcs patch: partial type witnesses in Unrevert (and 10 more)

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Wed Aug 27 05:30:41 UTC 2008

David,

Below is a big important set of patches.  Sorry if it's a bit overwhelming.

If you've already commented on my 'fix accidental reversal in
tentativelyAddToPending' patch then I missed it.  Basically, if you look at
my patch, 'Make Darcs.Repository.Internal compile with type witnesses.',
you see that the hunk around line 577 swaps the order of concatenation.  I've
fixed it, but the patch doesn't seem to be in darcs.net yet that's why I'm
resending.

That's the most critical patch in the bunch.  The rest do some refactoring
and commenting, and confilct resolving, as well as adding a test case and
fix for the bug we found in unrevert.

The exciting patch is 'extensive type witnesses refactor for commands'.  That's
a big monumental patch.  I've tried to document all my uses of unsafeCoerceP
as to how I undertand why they are needed.  More work to be done on the
type witness front, but this makes all the modules compile with type witnesses!
Although, I didn't record a patch to the makefile to make that so.  I'm a bit
tired at the moment to think of the best way to make that change.

Also, note that I didn't bother folding view_changes in Changes into the type
witnesses yet.  I worked on that quite a bit, but in the end it seemed like
a waste of time right now.  So that means diff and changes both have some
unsafe bits.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks!
Jason

Tue Aug 12 22:38:37 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * partial type witnesses in Unrevert

Mon Aug 25 11:32:35 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * add double-unrevert.sh test

Mon Aug 25 11:59:07 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * Finish refactor of Unrevert as well as making it pass double-unrevert.sh

Tue Aug 26 20:49:29 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * extensive type witnesses refactor for commands

Mon Aug 25 17:36:05 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * fix accidental reversal in tentativelyAddToPending

Tue Aug 26 20:57:03 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * Fix conflict in Internal

Sun Aug 24 18:18:10 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * improve reporting for bug in get_extra

Tue Aug 26 21:13:21 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * fix conflicts with get_extra changes

Tue Aug 26 21:13:44 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * fix minor type witness compile error with new commuteFL

Tue Aug 26 21:40:25 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * fix error in Properties due to new commuteFL

Tue Aug 26 22:00:06 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * fix minor warnings in Changes.lhs when using type witnesses