[darcs-users] darcs patch: tests/*: rm IFS hack from selected subset

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 03:21:34 UTC 2008

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 09:07:38PM -0500, Gwern Branwen wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 7:13 PM, Trent W. Buck  wrote:
> > gwern0 at gmail.com writes:
> >
> >> Sun Nov 30 18:48:14 EST 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
> >>   * tests/*: rm IFS hack from selected subset
> >
> > Nitpick: I'd prefer if "remove" was spelt out.
>
> 'rm' as an abbreviation for 'remove' is widely accepted; it's standard
> on Wikipedia, even, which is a very mainstream community.

I don't care; the abbreviation isn't necessary, and it adds an extra
layer of indirection.  Certainly it took me a moment to realize that
your remark had no relation to the the unix rm(1) utility.

FWIW, I feel that a lot of Wikipedia's changelog conventions are
confusing, unnecessary, and not useful for Darcs (the project) to
adopt.