[darcs-users] darcs patch: Hide the inefficient "darcs put" command.

Florent Becker florent.becker at ens-lyon.org
Fri Dec 5 13:37:39 UTC 2008

"Trent W. Buck" <trentbuck at gmail.com> writes:

> I'd like to minimize the number of visible commands, because new users
> don't know which commands are "important" and which are for "edge
> cases".  If "edge case" commands aren't listed, the user can focus
> more easily on the "important" commands.

Maybe in that case we should have darcs help and darcs help
--full. Hidden commands *must* be in the user manual (though maybe in a
separated section). If somebody asks about a use case and we answer "oh,
just use darcs secret-command, which is not documented", their immediate
reaction will be to install git. Let's not make that happen.