[darcs-users] hashed repository issue

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Sat Dec 6 16:17:15 UTC 2008

I tried today to experiment a bit with a darcs-2 hashed repository format.
I added an empty file then made 4 changes and recorded them. I was
surprised to find that the hashed pristine directory did contain 11
files. Every recorded change to a single file added 2 more. I was under
the impression that the hashed pristine would only contain one file for
each corresponding file in the working tree plus some index file. As it
looks right now, with files added there with every change, it is asking
for trouble with large projects (remember the 32k limit for files in a
directory with ext3). That means that even projects with less files, but
many changes, can hit that limit.

--
Dan